Chicken and Spinach
Winter storm Jonas got me feeling real productive today. I'm not even being sarcastic. Blizzards are the perfect opportunity to get stuff done while you watch the apocalypse from the comfort of your kitchen. This is one of the many concoctions I created today. It's a staple meal that will keep you warm and full while the snow piles up against your door, preventing you from ever leaving the house ever, ever again.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 jar of salsa (I like super spicy salsa, but you can use mild. Whatever you want!)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bag of spinach
- Place the chicken breast in a deep pan.
- Pour a can of salsa over the chicken.
- Simmer on very low (I set it in between 2 and 3 on the dial) for about 90 minutes. Cover the pan. After about 40 minutes, add the onions and re-cover the pan.
- Cook until the chicken can be shred apart with forks. Shred and coat the chicken with the onions and salsa.
- Turn off heat
- Add the bag of spinach in the pan, re-cover so the spinach can wilt.
- If the spinach isn't wilting, turn the heat back on very low to it can fully wilt.
- Mix together.
- Eat and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 3-5 servings. This dish can be served with brown rice (Note: non-Paleo, non-Whole Life Challenge compliant), spaghetti squash, or by itself! It's all up to you!