Choco-Almond Butter Brownies
Attention everyone: I found the best ooey-gooey brownie recipe from this amazing site. These are the most delish-paleo-vegan-chocolate-lovely brownies packed with enough protein to get you through the tough stuff life throws at you. It's perfect for a post-workout jolt or mid-day boost.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coco powder
- 1 scoop of your favorite non-whey protein powder (whey based makes the brownies gummy)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Smoosh all of the bananas with your hands (or a fork, if you're civilized)
- Melt the almond butter (or peanut butter) in the microwave (about 30 seconds)
- Put the banana, almond butter, protein powder, and coco powder in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth (it's okay to have the bananas be a little chunky).
- Pour the batter into a brownie tin.
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Stick the brownie with a knife. If it comes out clean, you're done!
- Make sure to let the brownie completely cool before you cut it.
- Eat and Enjoy!
You will have to refrain from eating the whole brownie in one sitting. I recommend dishing these out in 7 servings.
9.6g fat/16.1g carbs/7.6g protein/170.7 calories (per serving if split into 7 servings)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.