You guys, these stuffed peppers are amazing. They're mind blowing. They're perfectly portioned cups of meat and veggies that will leave you super satisfied. They're completely customizable and totally comforting. I love everything about these, and I hope you do too!
- 5 Green peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken or beef! Like I said, customizable.)
- 6oz tomato paste
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 1/3 cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the carrots, onion, red pepper, and break apart the cauliflower in florets.
- Cut the tops off of the green peppers and scoop out the seeds. (Optional step: place the peppers in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes until they're soft. I didn't do this, but you can! Customizable...)
- Put the cauliflower, carrots, onion, and red pepper in the food processor. Blend until it becomes a rice-like texture. (NOTE: I totally thought I goofed when I blended the pepper and onion with the carrots and cauliflower because the blend ended up becoming rather liquid-y. But...BUT, sometimes your mistakes end up bringing a whole new flavor to the dish! Anyway, life lesson. But if you don't want to go the liquid texture route, leave out the onion and peppers and cook them with the turkey.)
- Throw the pound of ground turkey in a hot pan.
- Add the cauliflower mix (and the onion/red peppers if you didn't add them to the cauliflower mix from the beginning) to the ground turkey.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic to the pan and mixed well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook until browned.
- Stuff the green peppers with the cooked meat and veggie mixture.
- Place the peppers face up in a deep dish or flat surface.
- Place the peppers in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven.
- Eat and enjoy!!
Though there seems to be a lot of steps to this recipe, it's really not too hard to do! And, like I said, you can make mistakes along the way and it will still taste good! Let me know if you love these as much as I do by commenting below!
6.8g fat/18.6g carbs/19.7g protein/227 calories (per stuffed pepper)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.