Sometimes the weekend rolls around after a ridiculously busy week and the last thing you want to do is cook, or do anything really. Meal prepping hangs over your head and all you can think about is eating cookies and ice cream and making bad decisions. It's okay! You're going to be okay! And this quick, three ingredient recipe will keep the sweet tooth at bay while you muscle your way through the week.
- 1 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts, OR cashews)
- 1 cups dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, cherry, OR apricot)
- 12 Medjool dates
- Place nuts, dried fruit, and dates in the food processor.
- Blend until everything is ground into a fine, sticky meal.
- Line a container with wax paper and pour mixture on top.
- Smash mixture into thick square (about 1/2 inch or more, depending on the size of the container).
- Put in refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Cut bar into 5 equal pieces.
- Eat and enjoy!
I love making a bunch of these to keep in the fridge for a quick snack or dessert. Add extra dates for a more sticky texture.
9.3g fat/38.9g carbs/4.5g protein/242 calories (per 1 serving out of 5)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.