Buffalo Chicken Casserole
It has been a doozy of a week. A lack sleep, big change, level 10 anxiety, exciting but stressful, winds of change kind of doozy week. But time and life move on and forward whether you want to move with it or not. Sometimes a week like this requires good music, a nap, and comfort food to make everything normal again. Though comfort food sometimes dissolves into unnecessary regret, this meal won't make the doozy week worse. Promise.
This recipe was taken from this lovely site that contains all sorts of great paleo recipes. This is one of the more involved recipes I've posted on the blog so far, but the results are delicious! It's like three recipes in one. It's the triple threat to combat any rough week.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots, about 2-3 medium size
- 2 pounds cooked chicken
- 1 cup hot sauce (like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup paleo ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté onions and carrots in the pan until softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Cook spaghetti squash (best way to cook it found here).
- Shred squash, place in bowl, and press the liquid out with a cloth towel.
- Add onion, carrots, chicken, hot sauce, ranch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the bowl with the squash.
- Stir well.
- Add eggs to the mixture and keep stirring.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Like most casseroles, this dish is hearty! It's rich in protein and super creamy. I've split this casserole into about 8 servings, but you can certainly have bigger portions. It's all up to you! That's the best part.
9.4g fat/8.6g carbs/36.4g protein/266 calories (per serving of 8 servings)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.