Chicken and Broccoli
Sometimes you just want to order food from Seamless and call it a night. Sometimes meal prepping takes a lot out of you. Making three large dishes to last a week's time requires a certain discipline and creativity that needs to be replenished every once in a while. Three hours in a kitchen can be a long time for anyone.
Sometimes simplicity is key. Sometimes a three of four ingredient dish could be the best meal you've ever tasted (these pancakes, for instance!). This dish is just that. Flavorful, filling, and simple, it takes minutes to make and will leave you completely satisfied.
- 1.5 pounds chicken
- 1-2 broccoli heads
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos (a great substitute to soy sauce!!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- Cut broccoli and chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place broccoli, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and coconut aminos into large skillet or pan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the raw chicken and put heat on high.
- Stir regularly until chicken is fully cooked, about 7 more minutes.
- Serve over a bed of kale or alone.
- Eat and enjoy!
You'll be surprised at how leftovers taste like takeout, only less salty, more clean, and let's be honest, a lot cheaper!
3.7g fat/5.7g carbs/32.1g protein/215.7 calories (per serving out of 7 servings. Note: I'll be honest, stretching this over 7 servings makes the dish rather small. So feel free to have seconds!)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.