Shepherd's Pie with Kale
I've been away too long! I had a quick trip to the #westcoast #bestcoast, and I didn't meal prep at all last week. Boy did my body hate me. And I missed taking awkward pictures of dishes and posting them on this little blog. I wish I wasn't so stuck on routine, but isn't life really all about self discovery etc etc?
Anyway, this recipe couldn't have been a better intro back into meal prepping. It's really easy to make and extremely delicious. Comforting. Filling. Delicious. Perfect.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey (or grass fed beef!)
- 6oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease casserole dish (about 11x8)
- Cut and boil sweet potatoes in pot until soft. Mash in pot. Set aside.
- Sautee onion, carrots, and garlic powder in a pan until veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add turkey (or beef!) in the pan until it's almost cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, rosemary, and coconut aminos. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour meat mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Pour sweet potatoes on top of meat and smooth with a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Make this dish for your next family dinner or pot luck. It'll be a crowd pleaser!
5.4g fat/16.6g carbs/15.8g protein/189 calories (per serving of 6 servings)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.