Turkey Burgers with Spaghetti Squash
I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for summer to get here. BBQ parties, park picnics, food trucks, farmers markets! I have my sunscreen and bottle of water ready to go. Safety first, friends. I don't play. In the spirit of what is sure to be the best summer of our lives (why not be filled with unbridled optimism?), I made these quick and really easy turkey burgers! In what universe does turkey has to be dry and burgers have to be difficult?
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 leaves bok choy
- 1/2 onion
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp garlic powder and salt
- Place ground turkey in large mixing bowl
- Add 1 tbsp garlic powder to ground turkey, mix powder and turkey together
- Separate into 5 even portions, form patties with hands.
- Spear spaghetti squash and cook in microwave for 12 minutes.
- Cook in pan until outside is crispy and inside is fully cooked (cut with a knife to check). As soon as the meat is no longer pink, take it off the pan before it dries out!
- Layer onions on top of patty. Tuck patty between two bok choy leaves.
- Eat and enjoy!
I'm not ashamed to say I've had turkey burgers every day this week for breakfast. Who says you can't? I will never say you can't.
6.5g fat/14.4g carbs/18.4g protein/196 calories
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.