Banana and Almond Butter Snack
I need to get something off my chest, you guys. I peruse the internet every week looking for delish dish inspirations (thank you, Pinterest!), and I am drawn to those "three ingredients or less" recipes because who doesn't have three ingredients lying around? Almonds, dried cherries, coconut? Energy Bars! Eggs, avocado, more eggs? Avocado deviled eggs! There's no end to the three ingredient recipe possibilities! They make me feel like a rock star home cook, like the kind you see on Master Chef Jr. This is one of those recipes that will satisfy that sweet tooth and need to feel like a rock star.
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- drizzled chocolate (optional)
- Chop bananas into wheels.
- Spread a small amount of almond butter on top of one banana wheel and place another banana wheel on top.
- Repeat the steps until all bananas are used (bonus point: if there is an odd number of banana wheels, you can eat the leftovers!)
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top if you're down for that.
- Keep in the fridge in between snacking.
- Eat and enjoy!
I'm not presuming that you need a little positive boost in your life, but if you do, these snacks are it! Make them and eat them with reckless abandon.
1g fat/6.8g carbs/.7g protein/35 calories
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.