Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
All it takes is one recipe to make you abandon all reason, close your eyes, and take a leap. In the most basic cooking traditions, this recipe should not work. Guacamole should not be put in the oven. Chicken should not be rolled and fully cooked without drying out to jerky. Egg wash should only be used with bread crumbs and never alone. This dish should not work. It should not taste amazing. But it did, and it does. And magic is real. Ingredients:
- 5 thinly sliced pieces of chicken breast (about 1.75 pounds)
- Guacamole (find an easy and delish recipe here!)
- Egg wash (found from this recipe, minus the pork rinds)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread guacamole on one side of chicken.
- Roll chicken up.
- Dip chicken in egg wash.
- Place rolled chicken breasts in deep casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is not pink.
- Remove from oven and slice.
- Eat and enjoy!
Your guacamole will still be green, the chicken will not be dry, and you will be happy to know that, every once in a while, you can act on the believe that everything will turn out okay. And most of the time, it will.
11.5g fat/4.5g carbs/41.6g protein/297 calories (per 1 of 5 servings)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.