Paleo Savory Egg Biscuits
I'll be quick with this one. I want to be honest with you, friends. If you're looking for a biscuit typically found at the bottom of a Chick-fil-A bag or at Burnside Biscuits in Astoria, Queens, this recipe is not for you. But, BUT, if you're looking for an alternative kind of bread-like carb that will taste delicious with your turkey burger sliders or pulled beef with bone broth, then you need to make these things immediately. I found this quick and easy recipe from this delightful website. Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 tbsp grassfed butter or ghee
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients until a dough forms. Try to mix all lumps out of the dough. Consistency will be a bit runny.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop 6 even portions of dough onto sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from paper after they have cooled.
- Eat and enjoy!
Be creative with these babies. They're a nice, simple base to build as many creative dishes as you like!
14g fat/4g carbs/5g protein/149 calories
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.