Sexy Batch Paleo Macaroons
So I'm visiting my folks in sunny SoCal at the moment, and all I want to do is cook. Seriously. Their kitchen is of normal size by California standards, but holy hell is it luxurious for those trapped in tiny New York sized spaces. I told them all about my cooking adventures back east and the recipes I share on this little blog for you guys, and I showed them the new Paleo macaroon recipe that Nieves from Sexy Batch concocted. Next thing I know, I'm baking these beauties in the comfort of my parents' home, a million miles away from New York. The worlds have collided. And I love it.
These cookies are so easy to make and so delicious! I even had a bit of a tough time gauging the temperature with the oven I'm not accustomed to using, and they still came out great! A bit crispy on the bottom, but great. They're as Paleo as they come, sweet, chewy, and full of flavor. I am definitely making these again when I head back to the city.
(For this recipe, I used walnuts instead of hazelnuts because my mom is a huge fan of walnuts. But per Nieves, use any nut you want! I also didn't add the espresso extract because I forgot to pick it up at the store (womp womp), but they still taste awesome!)
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 10g espresso extract
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees
- Beat egg, vanilla, and espresso until light in color (I put it in a blender)
- Add dates a bit at a time until fully blended with mixture.
- Add nuts and shredded coconut a bit at a time until blended with mixture.
- Take dough out of blender and place in bowl.
- Stir in cacao nibs and shredded coconut until incorporated with dough.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow dough to stiffen.
- Scoop out tbsp sized balls of dough on cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
I cannot say enough good things about this recipe and Sexy Batch. I love the message behind their products and the shop local vibe they bring to the community. I hope you enjoy making these macaroons for your people as much as I did!
7g fat/16g carbs/3g protein/123 calories (per 1 macaroon of 8 total)
Note: I am not a nutritionist, and the above f/c/p breakdown is an estimate. Please consult a physician or dietician before embarking on a regimented diet.