To continue on the pumpkin trend for the week (someone told me it was Pumpkin Day on Wednesday?), I decided to share my blunder in the kitchen, which ultimately turning into Pumpkin Pudding.
As you might recall, in the last post about delish Pumpkin Bars, I forgot to add baking soda. Who forgets to add baking soda?! I do. So in keeping with my newly found zen for accepting things I am not (namely, a professional chef), I decided to improvise. And here we are. An iteration of one recipe, morphed into a different one. There are two lessons to be made here: one, pumpkin in any form makes everything better, and two, NEVER GIVE UP.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 8x8 pan (or another shallow dish.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- When mixture is still soft, remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let cool slightly, then scoop into bowl.
- Eat and enjoy!
The best part about eating plant-based desserts, is that you can eat the batter raw...RAW!!!