Paleo Almond Joy Cups
This past week I turned an age that I thought would define me as a true, fully formed adult. I would no longer be in my 20's, free to make mistakes and decisions based on emotion and spontaneity. Turning the big 3-0 was not a milestone that I was looking forward to. But through the support and generosity and kindness of my friends and family, I made it through to the other side, full of food and love and unwavering optimism.
I spent my birthday doing what I love best: lifting heavy things, running, and sweating profusely. Per usual after the workout, starvation set in, and sure enough, my friends came through because sometimes they know me better than I know myself. My good friend and soon-to-be world traveler, Margot, took it upon herself to make some of the best Paleo fudge cups from this very site! She also added a coconut crumble on top which made the fudge about 1,000 times better! I blew out the candles (ermmm, with help from the breeze created by the overhead fans), took a big bite, and knew everything would be okay.
Ingredients for fudge:
See recipe here.
Ingredients for coconut topping:
- 1 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Prep and make the fudge.
- Set fudge aside in room temperature area (if it's hot as EFF outside because it's summer and this weather is ridiculous, place in the refrigerator and take out a few minutes before the topping is ready to be added.)
- Mix topping ingredients together in a bowl: coconut flakes, maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Stir until ingredients are stuck together.
- Sprinkle on top of not-yet-solidified fudge.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
These almond butter cups were so perfectly made at the perfect time.
30g fat/16g carbs/4g protein/333 calories (per 1 of 9 servings)