Almond Date Chocolate Balls
This past weekend was Mother's Day! I love this day because it's about so much more than biology. Mother figures come in all sorts of ages, genders, and backgrounds; they mean security, confidence, friendship, love. They are friends and family, distant and close in proximity. They exhibit strength, dispense wisdom, and keep communities thriving. So here's to all the mother figures out there! I hope you know how much better we are because of you.
SO, in honor of some BAMFs (Bad Ass Mother Figures TEE HEHE), I put together a really simple and delicious chocolate dessert/snack packed with protein and just the right amount of sweetness.
- 12-14 dates
- 1 bar of chocolate
- 2 tbsp almond butter (I used creamy)
- whole almonds
- Pit dates and place in food processor (make sure dates are wet enough to form into a dough)
- Blend until a dough forms
- Drop in 2 tbsp almond butter (I used creamy, but you can probably use chunky too!) and blend until encorporated with dates
- Take dough ball out of processor and mix with hands to ensure dates and almond butter are mingled.
- Break off until about 12 balls.
- Flatten each piece to allow 2-3 almonds to fit in the center.
- Roll dough in hands until almonds are fully hidden in the center.
- Place in freezer for 1/2 hour
- Melt chocolate! (Heat chocolate every 10 seconds or so in the microwave until fully melted)
- Take balls out of freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place back in freezer to harden.
- Serve with strawberries, eat, and enjoy!!
My mom was shocked that these weren't candy. I couldn't convince her that I made then in the 5 minutes she was cleaning my bathroom during her visit to my new apartment (because even on vacation, my has a knack for finding things to clean...) I hope you enjoy these delish treats!!